During a discussion at one of the main data center meetings this year it struck me personally that there are a wide selection of options available to information center managers when picking development for a few of their crucial assets : their employees!
When I requested the head of information centers at a popular company why these people choose a particular vendors training for their staff it became obvious that they weren’t fully aware of the many training options available to them. In addition, it made me feel that I really did not know all the options possibly!!!To improve my knowing I started to try out to put together my very own overview of the numerous options available.
I also wanted to understand in more detail the various qualifications members of this network often mention when creating their specialist profiles.It is certainly an appealing area. It turns out theref is really a wide option covering data center design, operations, and management. From what I see so far presently there is no clear leader in phrases of industry identified certifications.Therefore here is a summary of the options I really could find for training and certifying data center personnel. These types of focus mainly on infrastructure sort training covering design, execution, operations and management of information centers.We have also remaining out equipment certain training (HP, Oracle, etc) and the more generic/fundamental training such as ITIL or project management and so on. These could be added to this list later on if you think it is worth it.
• Choose an optimum site for mission-critical data center based on current and future needs
• Describe all parts that are important for highavailability in a data center and how to effectively set up the data center
• Name and apply the various business standards
• Describe the various technologies for Fedex, fire suppression, cooling, monitoring systems, cabling requirements, etc, and to pick and apply them successfully to cost-efficiently enhance the high-availability of the data center.
• Review the electrical submission system to avoid pricey downtime
• Enhance cooling capabilities and effectiveness in the data center by using current and new techniques and engineering for the increased cooling requirements of the future
• Design a very reliable and scalable network architecture and learn how to ensure installers apply proper testing techniques
• Create effective maintenance contracts with equipment suppliers making sure the best return on investment
• Setup effective data center overseeing ensuring the right people get the right message
• Ensure proper security steps, both step-by-step and technical, are set up to safeguard your firm’s valuable information in the data middle
For more information please visit cdcp study guide.